Last Updated: January 10, 2023
1. Purpose. Robinhood Markets, Inc. and its affiliates (collectively, “Robinhood”) value and respect the privacy of its applicants. This policy applies to the processing of personal information by Robinhood relating to any individual that applies to work for Robinhood and who is located in the United States (“applicants”). This policy describes the privacy practices of Robinhood in connection with the personal information collected about its applicants.
2. Types of Personal Information Collected. Robinhood may collect the following categories of personal information about applicants during the recruitment process:
- Identifiers, such as name and contact information (including phone number, email and physical address) and government-issued identification numbers;
- Professional or employment-related information and education information submitted in connection with an application to work for Robinhood (such as employment history, work experience, qualifications, references, referees, professional and academic history);
- Background report information, including education history and history of residential addresses and record of previous criminal offenses prior to extending an offer;
- Visual information, such as photographs or video obtained through CCTV cameras when arriving for on-site interviews;
- Work permit data, including work visa or other information related to work eligibility;
- Financial information (such as banking information) where we need to provide you with reimbursement during the recruitment process;
- Inferences drawn related to potential work performance, including abilities and aptitudes drawn from the applicant screening process;
- Demographic information that applicants may choose to provide, including gender or gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability status, veteran status, or sexual orientation, and;
- Other information that applicants may choose to share with us as part of the application process.
Robinhood collects the majority of the above information directly from applicants but may also collect information from other sources. For instance, during the recruitment process, Robinhood may request information from applicants in order to review references and carry out screening and vetting processes using third-party providers. Robinhood also generates some information, such as inferences raised about the applicant’s prospects for employment. Information may also be collected from references, employment agencies and recruiters, social media job sites such as LinkedIn, and publicly available information. To support its commitment to diversity, Robinhood may share candidate information with its third party providers to identify or infer characteristics for purposes of evaluating our ability to attract and recruit candidates from underrepresented backgrounds.
Further, Robinhood may share personal information that it collects with its authorized third party providers for uses described in this policy.
3. How We Use Personal Information Collected. Robinhood uses personal information for the following lawful purposes:
- To identify applicants and evaluate skills, qualifications and interests for suitability with Robinhood opportunities;
- To communicate with applicants about Robinhood opportunities;
- To verify information collected during the application process;
- To facilitate, evaluate and improve our hiring and recruitment processes, and to support diversity efforts;
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations, including government reporting and requests;
- To protect the security, rights and property of Robinhood, our customers, applicants, personnel and other individuals, as allowed by applicable law.
4. Disclosure of Personal Data - Robinhood shares personal data about its applicants as follows:
- with its affiliates and subsidiaries in facilitating planning and resource allocation, policy development, financial reporting and similar legitimate business interests of the Robinhood family of companies;
- with companies that perform services to Robinhood or to applicants, including recruitment agencies, payment service providers, and pre-screening check providers;
- as part of, or during negotiations of, any merger or sale of Robinhood assets;
- with regulatory authorities or other third parties where Robinhood believes disclosure is required by applicable law and in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- with law enforcement authorities as necessary to protect Robinhood’s corporate assets from theft, fraud or damage.
5. How We Protect Personal Information. We take reasonable steps to protect personal information in accordance with applicable laws.
6. Your Privacy Rights. Subject to applicable laws, you may have certain rights related to your personal information as described in more detail below. To exercise any of these rights, please fill out this form.
- Right to erasure: You can access the personal information we store about you, including details of why we are processing it;
- Right to correct: You have a right to correct personal information about you that is inaccurate, incomplete, or outdated;
- Right to delete: In certain situations, you can ask that we delete your personal information (where we have no applicable legal requirement to retain and where data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected);
- In certain situations, you may also have the right to object to or restrict the use of your personal information, or export your personal information to another company.
If you make a request to exercise the rights referenced above, we will require you to provide certain information for identity verification purposes. You may authorize an agent to make a request to us on your behalf and we will verify the identity of your agent or authorized legal representative by either seeking confirmation from you or documents that establish the agent’s authorization to act on your behalf.
If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us at HR@robinbood.com.
7. Contact Details. Applicants may contact Robinhood with questions relating to this policy at HR@robinbood.com.